Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Overwhelmed

I've made it my goal to get rid of 10 things each and every day. I chose this number because it gives me no excuse to not do it. In this house, I should be able to find 10 things right in front of me. As I'm doing this though, it looks like I haven't even made a dent. I got rid of 5 trash bags FULL of clothes and we still have too many. We just have too much. Too many clothes, too many toys, too many electronics *coughHusbandcough*...just too much everything. I look around and just get overwhelmed. I know what I need to do, but as I get overwhelmed, I just don't know where to start. I don't know what to do with it all. I need to fight the whole "but what if I need it someday" mentality, which does not come easy to my frugal, cheap self. I need to remember less is more. We will have more space, more time, and more peace in a less cluttered, simpler house. I'm not very good at holding myself accountable. I'm very good at making excuses and saying "I'll do it tomorrow". I'm also pretty good at believing my own excuses. I'm hoping by "putting it all out there" on this blog, it will make me accountable. I'm going to start posting pictures tomorrow. See how easy that "tomorrow" just rolled off my tongue? My camera is dead though, and the battery charger is in my husband's briefcase. I think that's a pretty excuse. I am, however, going to now get up off my butt and get rid of 10 things.

No comments:

Post a Comment