Saturday, March 6, 2010

Betterthanchocolate Roasted Broccoli

Yum, yum, yum. That's all I can say about this. And it's soooo easy to make! If given the choice between this broccoli and cake, I would choose this. Ok, maybe it depends on exactly what kind of cake you're giving me, but seriously. This is good. All you need is:

Broccoli
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Lemon juice
Parmesan cheese

That's it! Preheat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil (makes clean up EASY!).

Cut up broccoli into florets and put in a bowl. (I also cut up some of the stems)



Pour some olive oil over the top, throw in some salt and pepper, and toss to coat. I don't measure anything. You want enough olive oil to coat all the broccoli, but you don't want it drowning. I go fairly light on the salt because the parmesan you add later is also pretty salty, and I also go fairly light on the pepper just because I'm not a huge fan of it. But this is your broccoli, so you can use as much or as little as you want.



Spread the broccoli out on the foil lined pan. You want as much broccoli as possible touching the pan.



Put in oven and roast until the broccoli is browned and fork tender. You want the brown parts, trust me. That's the part that has carmelized and is a little crunchy, and oh so good.



After you've taken it out, sprinkle with lemon juice and parmesan cheese, and toss. Again, to taste. You of course can be all fancy and use fresh lemon and freshly grated parmesan, but all I had on hand was one of those squeezy plastic lemons and canned parmesan. It's all good.




That's it! This broccoli is so good that even my two broccoli hating children will eat it.

3 comments:

  1. this has been a recent discovery for me and we LOVED it! Will be roasting broccoli often around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really love it, if I hadn't made that clear! Cauliflower, asparagus, and brussel sprouts are also really good this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh,how many ways can I say yummmmm. It looks and sounds wonderful....I will not only try this, but the other veggies done this way as well. Thank you for the wonderful recipe..

    ReplyDelete