Monday, March 8, 2010

This week's menu...3/8-3/14



I'm going into week 2 of my $20 weekly grocery budget experiment. My menu this week will be a little different...I know what we're having tonight through Wednesday. The rest of the week will depend some on what produce deals I can score tomorrow when I go shopping, and what will need to be used up first, so I'm not sure of the order we'll be eating the rest of the meals.

Monday: chicken/asparagus stir fry

Tuesday: Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, green beans (cooked with bacon in the bacon grease I saved from this weekend) Save your bacon grease! I keep a jar of it in the fridge, and use to cook green beans, fry eggs in, etc.

Wednesday: Spaghetti with Italian sausage, garlic bread

Rest of the week:

Pot Roast with potatoes, onions, carrots
BBQ chicken drumsticks
Pulled pork sandwiches
Mexican night...either tacos or enchiladas

For more menu plans and inspiration, check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com!

2 comments:

  1. Found you from the orgjunkie linky. Wow, $20? That's awesome! I thought I was doing good to say under $100! lol

    Sadie@
    nelliebugs-swaps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. $20/week is very admirable. You can do it.

    Have a yummy week.

    ReplyDelete