Monday, March 22, 2010

Meal Plan 3/22 - 3/28



So I've found that I don't really like planning for specifics days. I do like to know what I'll make for the week, but I've found more than a few times that when the day rolls around, I don't want to eat/make what I've planned. This week I have a few days where it has to be specific because of time constraints, but the other days, I'll have some options. I also don't plan lunches, because a lot of the time it's leftovers, but four kids in the house, I never know how much I'll have. Some nights they all eat like linebackers, and I have nothing left! I'm still working with my $20 weekly budget and am amazed by how much food is still left in the house!

Monday: Spinach/garlic/cream cheese stuffed chicken breast, wild rice, broccoli

Tuesday: Crockpot pot roast with potatoes, carrots, onions

Thursday: Hamburgers, oven fries, broccoli

Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday:

Pork chops, mashed potatoes, peas
Tacos
Chicken stirfry

Sunday is up in the air, because it's my husband's birthday. The only thing I can count on right now is birthday cake.

For more menu plans and inspiration, check out orgjunkie.com!

6 comments:

  1. I've started planning 7 breakfasts, lunches, and suppers but no longer designate them to a specific day-instead I just chose something from the list each day, depending on how I feel :)
    sara http://myfrugalfunlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get a lot of variety for $20 a week! I don't see any vegetarian nights - beans or lentils or eggs as the main protein. We do this a few nights a week and it has really cut down on our meat, which is the most expensive part of any meal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do usually have a breakfast for dinner night. I hadn't even realized that I haven't done that yet this month! I think I'd have a mutiny on my hands if I didn't serve meat for most dinners though, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stuffed chicken breast sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do contact you?

    kitekoop AT gmail DOT com

    Valerie Kite
    villageofmoms.blogspot.com
    thekitefamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My email is thiswomanswork@charter.net!

    ReplyDelete